DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Screen capture apps : Alternatives to Snipping Tool ?

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

Default Screen capture apps : Alternatives to Snipping Tool ?

any way for me to investigate all types of screen grabbing/capturing tools? maybe through a scan or other idea? just today, i noticed snipping tool, for the 10th time is not working lmao..so i got screen grab pro and screenhunter free 5.0 freewares

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

So this has not helped you. Then try FastStone Capture for Windows v 5.3 is still freeware. You will like it. (v5.4 onwards it has become shareware).

thx..darn snippingtool it dies after each restart of comp while downloading a program that requires it..dont know if anyone else have same problem.

edit -i got faststone.. when i capture image using rectangular tool, at the bottem it says unregistered..whats that mean
    Last edited by v3loc1ty; 4th January 2009 at 06:50. Reason: 1

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

1. My FastStone Capture says "registered to WHS" on the bottom right. But I have the last version for which I paid $20. If you have the free version which you can still get from here ( faststonecapture ), then the "unregistered" probably means that it is a version without a product key.
    2. Regarding the snipping tool: What does this mean:" while downloading a program that requires it"?

i meant whenever i download a certain program or update and have to restart comp, thats how the snip tool becomes disabled -its really odd.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

FastStone Capture for Windows v 5.3 is still freeware and can be downloaded from The Portable Freeware Collection - FastStone Capture legally.

how do i know if i have FSC for windows? i downloaded the free one from their site..but it wasnt portable one

edit- i downloaded the zip version yesterday
    Last edited by v3loc1ty; 4th January 2009 at 17:56. Reason: 1

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by v3loc1ty View Post
    how do i know if i have FSC for windows? i downloaded the free one from their site..but it wasnt portable one

edit- i downloaded the zip version yesterday
    If you downloaded FSC, it will be in the folder to which you downloaded it. Best is to place it into DOWNLOADS. From there you can send a shortcut of the .exe either to the desktop, Start menu or Quick Launch. I also put this shortcut into the Startup folder (type SHELL:STARTUP into the Start/search field, press Enter, drag the shortcut into the folder). Then you will have the icon (after restart) in the notification area. But be careful when you close FSC. Do not X out, but minimize. If you X out, the icon in the notification area will disappear until the next restart.
    Last edited by whs; 4th January 2009 at 19:56.

i have this weird way of doin things, when i download an app, sometimes, i delete the original folder..other times, i would save it on my flash drive.

alsiladka is offline Senior Member

Try this out - Window Clippings - High quality screen capture for Windows
    It was an excellent app till the time it was completely free, used to capture Aero as well as window shadows. But then the developer introduced a paid version and added a watermark in the free version. If you can get hold of the old version, nothing like it for screenshots.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast