DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Problem sorting account as administrator

mazmas is offline New Member

Default Problem sorting account as administrator

I am having trouble sorting out Administrator and a user account on Vista home premium sp1. At present I have all the user set up as standard user account. And I have tried various options to set up one account as a admin account but every time I am told you donot have full access to setup this account. I have followed the instructions in windows help to change account but nothing changes when I close the window. I have seen video's on youtube but they did not helped . When I check via command prompt it is showing me as an administrator but when I check via control panel it is showing me as a standard user. I have tried to boot via safe mode it is not allowing me to that also.

Can anybody help thanks

seti is offline Member

Hi and welcome to the forum. The problem that you are having is because you have everyone set up as a Standard User, when in fact you need one person to be set up as and Administrator to make the changes, this I believe can only be done during set-up. However if you go to here Fix it for me blog they might be able to sort you out without you doing that step. However someone else might be able to sort this out for you here.