DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Message box always opens in background in Vista

parag is offline New Member

Default Message box always opens in background in Vista

Hi,

When I uninstall my application, few message boxes appear for user confirmation. In XP, they are fine but in Vista those msg boxes always appear in background. It's very irritating bcz if user doesn't notice those message boxes, uninstallation won't be continued and user may keep on waiting.
    Is there any way in tweakUi to fix this or do I need to change some setting in Vista?
    Thanking you..

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by parag View Post
    Hi,

When I uninstall my application, few message boxes appear for user confirmation. In XP, they are fine but in Vista those msg boxes always appear in background. It's very irritating bcz if user doesn't notice those message boxes, uninstallation won't be continued and user may keep on waiting.
    Is there any way in tweakUi to fix this or do I need to change some setting in Vista?
    Thanking you..
    These boxes are confirmation boxes for you. It is asking you if you started the action and do you want to continue with it. This is a security measure that prevents things being deleted without your knowledge or persmission. If you do anything to change the settings for this you could find that things disappear in the future that you want to keep. My advice is to take the time complete the task and have a happy and safe pc by doing so.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Are you clicking on any other open windows when the un-installation is going on? In such a case the focus would shift to the new window and the dialog boxes may appear behind the new window in the forefront.

parag is offline New Member

Thanks for the quick response. I'm not clicking on any open windows. But still it goes in background and then user cannot notice it.

seti is offline Member

If you go to the bottom left side of your screen , by the start button there is a thingy that has little picture frames in it, if you press this it shows you what is open and you can then close the ones you don't want. ( in case some asks Thingy is a technical term used when you don't know what to call something)