DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: "No tv signal" blue error message whilst playing recorded TV in VISTA home Premium

skypilot is offline New Member

Default "No tv signal" blue error message whilst playing recorded TV in VISTA home Premium

I am now clutching at straws. I have searched the web and cannot find a solution to the problem below although there is a similar problem with MCE 2005 with the digital Audio overlay. I can see this is not an uncommon problem and cannot find anything for VISTA. Please help.

When playing recorded TV MY VISTA MCE will from time to time, freeze the picture on screen (the PC still appears to be running - I can move the mouse) for several minutes, then return to playing the recorded TV. Some times when this freeze occurs, I will get the 'no TV signal' blue screen. And sometime I will get a dialogue box with "Logon process has failed to create security options dialogue" "Failure security options".

I have an external Maxtor firewire 1 Tb disk - I have disabled Firewire and using USB for this device -still get error,

I have change some of the BIOS settings - no change,

I have change to various versions of Video drivers (MSI 8500GT Nvidia card) - no change,

I have reloaded VISTA numerous times - no change,

I have VISTA SP 1 - no change,

I have updated all the drivers I can, both with WIN update and one by one in device manager by looking on the net and on local drive - no change,

I have slowed the data transfer rate on my 1.5Tb disk from 3g/min to 1.5g/min - no change.

I have tried various codec packs - no change.

I have run out of ideas - is there a problem with a buffer or memory not being cleared?
    I can run DVDs from the external drive OK.
    I record TV to the D: partition on internal HDD.
    All other features/functions of Media Centre seem to function normally without a problem - Live TV is OK.

I have searched the net and some forums with nothing definitive to fix the problem.

I am using a PIONEER Computers Dreamvision PC - Intel dual core - 954g express chipset - MSI Nvidia 8500gt video card, pioneer DVD r/w DVD player, 2 gig ram - wireless networking - 2 x DVB tuners - 1.5tb HDD.

seti is offline Member

Hi
    I am sure that some one else will be able to help. I notice you SP1, try installing SP2 it might help. I am not an expert so it is all I can think of

Quote Originally Posted by seti View Post
    Hi
    I am sure that some one else will be able to help. I notice you SP1, try installing SP2 it might help. I am not an expert so it is all I can think of
    Hmmm SP2 - that is beta?

Will try in any case have nothing to lose....

It must be memory, cache or some thing like that? Live TV is fine - if it were a video driver then live TV would have the same problem?

roraniel is offline Gold Member

I googled the error message (Logon process has failed to create security options dialogue, Failure security options) and found a lot of threads referring to this error message in many situations AFTER updating to SP1.

MS has released the release candidate (RC) of SP2. Try downloading and installing it as Seti suggested.

You could also try upgrading to Windows Se7en when the RC comes out. It should be out by the end of the month.

Thanks for the replies. I installed vista SP2 - no change still get the no TV signal error.

I have googled and not found anything definitive. The 'failure security options' error does not always come up.

Yes will try win7 but have been reading a bit about it in another MCE forum - it is not without its issues at this stage.

I cannot believe I am the only one having this problem? I found one other on a forum but that was with XPMCE 2005 and he did not resolve the issue - he used the PC for other than MCE. There have been similar issues where they would get a message saying "no digital (radio) service" but that is going back to 2005,6 & 7.

Default Still have problem

I still have the pausing and no tv signal problem.

I have been going through the device manager and uninsstalling or disabling devices with no luck - I played recorded tv through media player and still get the problem - I do not thinnk it is the files as I can play past each point it pauses.

Is there a registry setting for a cache or some thing?

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
    I still have the pausing and no tv signal problem.

I have been going through the device manager and uninsstalling or disabling devices with no luck - I played recorded tv through media player and still get the problem - I do not thinnk it is the files as I can play past each point it pauses.

Is there a registry setting for a cache or some thing?
    Skypilot, Try the fix it for me blog. Sorry I can remember the address they might be able to help google it to find it