DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Turn on Windows features HELP PLEASE

Ruble is offline New Member

Default Turn on Windows features HELP PLEASE

Okay so I had to turn the windows features off to download something from Microsoft and then it told me to reboot my machine.
    Now my start menu will not pop up and my control panel is gone.
    I've right clicked to open and explore (start) to find the control panel, but nothing is there now. How can I turn windows features back on please?
    Thank you for your time.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruble View Post
    Okay so I had to turn the windows features off to download something from Microsoft and then it told me to reboot my machine.
    Now my start menu will not pop up and my control panel is gone.
    I've right clicked to open and explore (start) to find the control panel, but nothing is there now. How can I turn windows features back on please?
    Thank you for your time.
    Why did you have to turn the windows features off I don't understand that. Did you allow for the update to complete and restart your pc If you have an installation disk the easiest way it is to boot from it and click repair the installation which will replace everything without over riding your docs etc. I take it you've tried safe mode to see if everything is there Once you have done the repair you can then go to windows features and turn on or off those that you use or do not use

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

i too once got this problem, it happens with me due to the interruption in the windows updates, i was updating windows ultimate extra and at the time of installation, unfourtanetly i got a powercut, next time i check for windows features the list there is just empty, after that i tried lots of options but no fair result, after that i decided to format my PC....