DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: offline dilemma - should i reinstall?

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

Question offline dilemma - should i reinstall?

prior to early february, since after the accident, ive turned off my net services due to the troubling events that have played out..am wondering, since its been 2 months ive not had any updates to my security programs, should i remove the extra programs and apps and re-install them after i restore my net service? stuff like: secunia PSI, UWT, and most if not all of firefox's add ons? or keep the original programs and apps?

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

If you don't have net service on your system right now, you are 99% safe from threats.

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

yes indeed. especially with that new worm virus floating around. but i guess the first thing i should do after get my net service restored is to update all my security programs. but am wondering if i should remove some or all of the programs and apps and re-install them prior to restoring my net service?

Funnyguy is offline New Member

No, you don't need to you are fine. As soon as you get online, just do an update on them.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Your best bet is to run the Secunia PSI scan. That will show you the exposures and you can run the updates right from the scan result. Secunia sometimes goes a little overboard though and shows the same program several times as "exposed". You have to, of course, only update it once and ignore the repetition. When you are done, rerun the scan and that should give you a clean bill of health.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

you must update all the programs to there current version, update windows and check for drivers update too. use any good software version tracker utility to get the latest updated version of softwares that are installed on your system. use filehippo update checker, it also scans for the latest updated versions of the addons and plugins too that we have installed with browsers....