DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lots of problem with Vista

jhontravo is offline New Member

Default Lots of problem with Vista

Right from the buying (Feb 2009) of my Compaq Presario V7300 series with Vista Home Edition , i am facing too many problem with Windows Vista. First, windows explorer shut down automatically after that HP provides DVD Quick play, it also stopped suddenly. Windows Media Player 11 version didn't play DVD at all.

Where to send my problem HP or Microsoft ?

CodVenture

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Have you downloaded and installed all available updates from windows update?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

In all probability, the pre-installed crapware on your OEM Vista must be the reason for all your problems, and going in for a clean install of Vista will solve most, if not all, of your problems.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

1. Since you have an OEM Vista, Microsoft won't even talk to you. You have to deal with HP technical support - unfortunately. They are not easy to deal with.
    2. The Explorer being erratic is a known problem. I have never seen a real fix for it. You probably get this message "Explorer stopped working". Do you have SP1 installed - after SP1 I noticed it got a lot better.
    3. Are you talking Quick Time - which is a mess and an Apple Program that I always uninstall asap.
    4. WMP not playing your DVD can have many causes. It could be a codec problem, it could be a "regional" DVD, etc. That could be further explored if you give us the symptoms. For starters, try to play it with VLC (Download VLC Media Player 0.9.9 - FileHippo.com )

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

try the things suggested above, do a fresh installation of windows vista, create C:\ drive atleast of 40Gb and do not install any crapware comes with your laptop. for playing DVD via WMP, install required Codecs. try any of the following...
    Klite Mega Codec Pack | Vista Codec Pack

whs

niti, I am sorry but I have to warn about installing those Codec packs. They can throw real monkey wrenches into your system. If anything, I suggest ffdshow ( FFDSHOW rev. 610 (20061201) (open source) ). I would recommend to take the latest stable version rather than the Beta.

^sir, thanks for your suggestion, but i am using these codec packs for more than a year and face no problem........i do a custom installation of these packs, i only install the codecs which i required, not every which these packs provide.

whs

niti, I understand. It is a matter of luck. And the settings e.g. in K-Lite are not that easy either - especially for a beginner. Half of the settings you don't know what they imply. I used K-Lite for a long time too until I found out that it was the root cause of a lot of little unexplainable problems. But as you say, it may work if applied cautiously.

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

yes ffdshow vlc player and wmp is good combo..

Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    niti, I understand. It is a matter of luck. And the settings e.g. in K-Lite are not that easy either - especially for a beginner. Half of the settings you don't know what they imply. I used K-Lite for a long time too until I found out that it was the root cause of a lot of little unexplainable problems. But as you say, it may work if applied cautiously.
    yeah, there are lots of stuff which is most oftenly is a waste, i only installed the codecs which i need, i use this pack cozz i've got all the most common codecs in this pack, yeah installation for beginners is quite hard.
    sir, mine name is nitin, not niti niti is a common name for girls, here in india

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast