DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Can't access: control panel, default programs, or personalize

ekw590 is offline New Member

Default Can't access: control panel, default programs, or personalize

I can't access the control panel, default programs, and personalize. Downloaded Ultimate Windows Tweaker but this did not resolve the issue. When I first got the computer I was able to access the right click > personalize feature and set up hybernation/sleep mode. But now when the computer goes into hybernation/sleep mode, it doesn't come out of it. I'm forced to shut off the computer via the power switch. Any ideas on how to tweak the computer to regain control of these features?

Thanks Evan

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

give a windows defender scan and also scan the whole PC with your antivirus and if UAC is disabled then enable it back. give a disk cleanup and run cmd as administrator and execute the following command, compcln.exe after that give a restart and try again, i think your windows will work normally....

iMav is offline Gold Member

Can't access would be? A bit more description on the error/issue would be great.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Cant access, meaning what? Are the pages blank? Or doe they not open whne you click on them? Could you please be a little more specific?