DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: rundllset.exe, after copying all files from 1 hdd to another

noodles is offline Beginner

Red face rundllset.exe, after copying all files from 1 hdd to another

hi to all ,i,ve just copyed all contents of my old hdd to a bigger hdd using DIXML program drive to drive,and made the new hdd master. taken old one out,vista will boot up ok, then after the welcome screen goes to were the desktop should be showing it is just blue ( not b.s.o.d ), and a box appears saying about the rundllsetup.exe. Now i can start the task manger and get into all the files on the hard drive, but i am at a loss at what to do to correct this, chk dsk is stating no bad errors and volume is clean, and i can,t use my usb to load up any programs, any one willing to help,many thanks for reading.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Could you pls post the exact error message? Looks like your explorer.exe is not starting... rundllsetup.exe could be virus too ...

Red face re: .exe

cheers for reply, i have now re installed os on same hdd and running ok, when i ran the drive to drive program i did not properly partition drive, and virus wise yes, one installed its self when i firstly installed os on the old drive, i have three pc in the house, my two downstairs, KAS anti virus + commodo firewall, my lads up stairs just avg anti virus, and being 18 and not internet cluded up as been on some stupid sites asking to download on the pops ups, security alerts pc at risk, you know the ones,so that is my next job,thanks again.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

^ its nice you've solved the problem on your own, feel free to remind all of us in future if you face any more problems, we here at TWC, love to help others.

Cool

cheers,