DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: port forwarding

noodles is offline Beginner

Question port forwarding

Hi to all,how do i go about port forwarding, i,ve added a port to my firewall list of trusted ports, but i also want to access my router to make sure i am getting the full speed out of my internet connection, at the moment i am getting only between ( 100kB/s to 180kB/s ) download speed. I know about the other factors, location- peers etc, i have a netgear wireless router D98349 V3.Correct me if i am wrong but is it something to do with putting your i.p address in the address bar,and going on from there.
    Thanks for reading

vista home premium 32bit sp1
    Utorrent

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

Ok so are u using utorrent for downloading right. there a small icon at the bottom of the utorrent screen which shows colors red yellow and green

Red shows that there is some prob
    Yellow indicates that you are not able to utilise the speed properly
    Green it shows that u can get max speed and it is port forwarded.

Check which color u have .. click on it and go to portforward.com to select your router and give a random port and once done it says u router is portwarded..

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Tut tut your not downloading copyrighted material illegally are you???

Cool re: port forwarding and mr rotten

hi to all,cheers for the info, but "port forwarded .comdid not have my up to date model of my netgear router so i did a bit of searching and found a very neat freeware called (simple port forwarding) that reconfiged the router no probs, a must for newbies,

dear mr rotten i can honestly say i do,nt,

http://www.simpleportforwarding.com
    Last edited by noodles; 16th May 2009 at 13:06. Reason: edit

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Default Downloading pirated material.

Just an FYI.

I saw a memo at a client recently to their employees saying that a company hired by Paramount Pictures recently observed an employee illegally downloading a movie on a company PC and the employee was fired for mis-use of company property.

It is amazing that they can pin it down to the exact PC. I assume the IP Address?

At any rate, Big Brother is watching!!!!!
    Last edited by roraniel; 16th May 2009 at 13:52.

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Another FYI:

The four main backers of The Pirate Bay could be personally on the hook for 15 million kroner ($2.5 million) after record labels requested the amount in damages from the Stockholm District Court yesterday. Gottfrid Warg of The Pirate Bay responded with the elegance that always characterizes the group's pronouncements, telling Sweden's The Local that "the record companies can go screw themselves."

They will be jailed for 1 year and be made to pay all damages if their appeal falls through.

A Woman in the UK was ordered to pay £3,000 after she was found guilty of downloading High school Musical 3 Using U torrent through BT. Her Soliciter said. "Its a shame this has happened as I will now have to stop recording TV shows for my mum."

Wink

hi,but the mitigation is who as got access to the PC at the time of download, who download it , quite the same as a speeding fine, who WAS driving at the time.Plus according to a well known security software analyzer the i.p that the PC uses does not exist, as commented big bro is watching, but they are factors and solutions out there to use to put the blinkers on ,just like a race horse, tunnel vision.

roraniel is offline Gold Member

At most corporations each employee has a login id for the network and it is up to the individual to lock the computer when not in use. In this case the employee probably confessed when confronted with the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    hi,but the mitigation is who as got access to the PC at the time of download, who download it , quite the same as a speeding fine, who WAS driving at the time.Plus according to a well known security software analyzer the i.p that the PC uses does not exist, as commented big bro is watching, but they are factors and solutions out there to use to put the blinkers on ,just like a race horse, tunnel vision.