DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Windows Vista 32-bit Ultimate still showing Security advisor popup upon bootup

erniemink is offline New Member

Exclamation Windows Vista 32-bit Ultimate still showing Security advisor popup upon bootup

I want to get rid of the popup that the Security Advisor still comes up when I bootup my computer. Windows Defender is NOT active and I use Norton Internet Security 2009 (better anyways). It comes up with the famous Windows red "x" in he taskbar and popup everytime I bootup and I have to close out of it, which is annoying. I used to use a program called Tweakvista that I recently uninstalled that somehow caused this when I accessed through that program security settings.

leofelix is offline Member

Hi welcome,
    you may disable Vista Security Center with XP-Antispy, free and stand alone

Official Homepage of the xp-AntiSpy

(do not use the installer, please, simply extract the stand alone zip package and run it)

With XP-Antispy you should be able to disable ballon tips too and other unwanted XP/Vista features, please download from the link I provided as there are some rogue softwares which use a similar name to trick users
    Last edited by leofelix; 24th May 2009 at 09:12.

seti is offline Member

Yes I agree with my friend that is the easiest way to do things