DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unneeded Process', Service , Startup?

Kinyl is offline Beginner

Default Unneeded Process', Service , Startup?

Which Processes' can I safely remove?

Last edited by Kinyl; 25th May 2009 at 19:17.

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Hi Kinyl, unfortunately I cant see anything from your screen shot due to the Image being too small so I can not offer any assistance.

Please up-load a clearer image so we can read it.

Thanks, JR

Yeah the Services are smaller in the window and I think when i upload they get even smaller the process' are clear though

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

I would not play around with the processes. If anything, you might study the "Services" - but carefully. You often have "hidden" dependencies - e.g. the snipping tool depends on the Tablet PC service (who would have thought).
    As far as Startups go, you can theoretically disable everything except for the security program. But you may have other startups like "Sidebar" etc. that you like to start with the boot.

If you find you are really stuck I personally use TuneUp Utilities 2009. It will check your start up program's and where needed use Windows Scheduler to change the start up times of certain applications. As always you will have a choice of either stopping the application or removing it altogether. Windows Defender also has this option under the tools tab then software Explorer option.

But in the Start up

Pure Networks Platform Service "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Pure Networks Shared\Platform\nmsrvc.exe" Pure Networks Platform Service <not available> Pure Networks, Inc. Services: nmservice 24/05/2009 12:34 Running Enabled

What is that?

Pure Networks Platform Service is a program that keeps your home or office network running smoothly. If your PC / Laptop is not connected to a network you probably do not require it. In any case I have My PC a Xbox 360 (media extender) and a laptop running on my home network and use Microsoft's own network manager found in XP, Vista and also Windows 7.

But does it need to start up can it just run when it needs to?

Open windows defender select the Tools tab at the top of the window from there select software explorer find the start up service click once on it then select Disable at the bottom right of the window. Restart your computer. If you feel there is no need for that service to start up after a few days you can remove it or leave it as disabled.

JR
    Last edited by johnny.rotton; 25th May 2009 at 20:24.

Have you disabled any of the above on your computer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast