DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: music folder on start menu

merrick is offline New Member

Default music folder on start menu

hi,

my 3rd hdd recently died and it was where i pointed my music folder to on the start menu but no seen as that drive is no longer on the p.c windows wont go there, the problem i have is that i can't change where to look the options i get (please see SS) prevent this.

Can anyone help me how to change it back?

many thanks.

James is offline Microsoft MVP

Hi merrick and welcome to the Windows Club forums.

In your User folder, what does the properties of the My Music say? Under the Location tab, there is a 'restore default' option that may help solve your problem. A reboot may be needed.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

It may help you....!
    1. Run Registry Editor (type regedit in start search or run dialogbox and press Enter.)
    2. Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    3. See My Music (A string value in right side pane), Double click to edit it and type the default path.
    4. If the value doesn't exists....Create the string value named My Music and set the path

merrick is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramesh Kumar MVP View Post
    It may help you....!
    1. Run Registry Editor (type regedit in start search or run dialogbox and press Enter.)
    2. Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    3. See My Music (A string value in right side pane), Double click to edit it and type the default path.
    4. If the value doesn't exists....Create the string value named My Music and set the path
    cheers mate. that was the ticket but after googling the many different ways i could using different phrases it redirected me back to this website (i think) with that exact reg fix!