DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Windows Vista SP2 now available on Windows Update

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

Default Windows Vista SP2 now available on Windows Update

Few weeks back Windows Vista SP2 was made available to public and for download.Now i had downloaded but due to my time constraints i wasn’t able to install on my deskie and lappy.When i checked Windows update on my lappy i was surprised that so fast Sp2 was on there on Windows Update.Here are some screen shots of it.No issues with installing and smooth.For screen shots

Read Here.

leofelix is offline Member

Thank you a lot Knightrider,
    I've just checked.. but it's likely either is not ready in my language or some drivers of my HP Laptop are incompatible

seti is offline Member

Have remembered to remove the RC first I have installed it and it works perfectly for me.

zen67 is offline Senior Member

... for the Italian update the target date should be 'round the second half of june

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

thats good news....so, guys do it and seti i think.....automatic updates will automatically uninstall the RC and install the final... no need to do it manually.....in the case if we are installing it via standalone, we have to uninstall the RC manually first.....

rkonit is offline Gold Member

no... Automatic Update won't uninstall the RC build or earlier beta release. You'll have to uninstall manually and its recommended to install RTM, let it be way automatic update or standalone installers.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

^i want to clear my confusion, until we uninstall the previous builds os SP2, automatic updates won't be able to install the final RTM version???

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

Don worry about that i had a vista 6000 build with Sp1 when i checked Windows update i saw the sp2 included just updated it first time it failed donno why i feel as i had vsp1cln.exe command executed before so that i cannot uninstall Sp1 but later when i did it again worked so i attached the screen shots for the update.