Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forgot Windows Password

J_B_MVP is offline Microsoft MVP

@ha14,

Most modern PCs don't come with floppy drives now so there needs to be an alternative way of writing to media.

As for Recovering Passwords I am not in favour of instructing users on how to cirumvent administrator passwords. In manuy cases one doesn't know the person who is asking for the information and one certainly has to consider whether the machine actually belongs to that person and that he/she has genuinely forgotten the password or whether the machine has been obtained by illegal means and that person is simply trying to gain access to its contents. Microsoft certainly forbid their staff from disclosing such information and, although MVPs are not employed by Microsoft the same restrictions are also applied to them.

jimh is offline New Member

Thumbs up

i forgot windows admin account password of my laptop once
    and so I decided to create a simple blog to help out people with similar problems.

Recommending the solution that i used...
    it was simple, quick and something that even newbies can do... =)

If you need a password reset disk software, that you can put on USB stick or write on a blank CD,
    you can read more from my blog:

passwordresetdisc.com/articles/

Regards,

Jim

ChairsNJ is offline New Member

Lightbulb Three avalilable sulutions for resetting forgotten windows password

Forgot Windows password? try these ways.
    To reset windows password, the following solutions will be avalilable.

1. Reset windows xp password by a hack
    This is a cool little computer trick for Microsoft Windows trick I’ve picked up in my travels and decided to share it with you fine and ethical individuals =). Log in and go to your DOS command prompt and enter these commands exactly:

cd\
    cd\windows\system32
    mkdir temphack
    copy logon.scr temphack\logon.scr
    copy cmd.exe temphack\cmd.exe
    del logon.scr
    rename cmd.exe logon.scr
    exit

2. Reset widnows xp/vista/7 password with script - write program to reset windows password by yourself.
    google: Hack windows admin password with a script

3. Reset or recover windows xp/vista/7/2003/2008 password with password software
    There are many free and commercial software can reset or reset windows password quickly.
    Free software: chntpw, ophcrack - just google them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12