Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computer system is very slow

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

use UWT v2.1, CCleaner to disable unwanted services and clean junk from your PC to run it more smoother than ever.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Goto Control Panel >> System and Security >> Check the Windows Experience Index
    In left pane, click on Advanced Tools and see your PC performance issues.

greentech is offline Beginner

upgrade ur ram, clean up ur systme junk files, del temp files, clear history, clean internet cache, uninstall suspicious software, end suspicious ruining process , download reginout that will do all these steps in one click

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

I don't know why everybody is kicking Norton. I use it since years and have to say that the NIS2009 and NIS2010 editions are excellent and do not slow the system down. I also run MSE on other systems but that does not catch everything that NIS2010 catches. I had already 3 infections that MSE did not catch. Fortunately I do daily imaging so it was not a big deal to set back.

What I miss in the whole discussion above is an analysis of the cause of the slowdown. I would first look into Task Manager or Process Explorer to determine which processes eat the CPU. If that yields nothing, I would look for a bottleneck on the disk. The disk tab of Resource Monitor is a good start. Once we have all this data, maybe we can approach the problem in a more targeted way - rather than a shotgun approach.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Run MSCONFIG Utility and select Diagnostic Startup...

On Startup tab... Check Antivirus and essential entries only...(like Defender etc)

On Services tab... Check Hide all Microosft services and Enable Antivirus or other necessary services.

Click on OK or Apply to commit changes.

Now Restart your Windows to take effect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12