Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By detsi

Thread: Wifi connected but internet not working

ste17hill is offline New Member

Default Wifi connected but internet not working

Hey!

I have moved to a new flat and connected to the wifi but none of my browsers are working. The wifi works on my phone and Kindle and its saying it has connected on my laptop. The wifi worked fine a week ago in my old flat but cant go back to check as Im now in a different country.

Google chrome gives the message: Error Code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET

Firefox says: Server Not Found

I have tried turning off the firewall and other techniques on the interent but with no joy.

I have a very limited knowledge of computers so please can someone give me basic step by step instructions on how to fix this.

Thanks in advance.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Hi,

So turning off the firewall did not help?

Meanwhile, please see if any of these help you:
    Fix: Limited WiFi connection problem
    DNS Server is not responding.

ste17hill is offline New Member

Thanks Andy.

Yeah, turning off the firewall didnt work.

I have tried those two and still it is not working.

Thanks

tcarnevale is offline New Member

Question

I have a similar but different problem which I have yet to fix. I'll post details under Windows 7 Management and Support

chrisbuck9 is offline Beginner

have you tried

run > control > firewall > restore defaults.

theres also a firewall fixit tool incase you've had norton or any other internet security software installed.

detsi is offline New Member

I had the same problem with my laptop (Toshiba Sat Pro) once. I had inadvertently nudged the internet on/off switch to off . Check if the little light is showing on.
    HappyAndyK likes this.

Edie Amato is offline Beginner

thanks for the info and replies

Freya009 is offline New Member

Restart your computer to clear up temporary software glitches and try connecting again. Check whether your WiFi is turned on or enabled on your device. Most laptops have a WiFi button or switch which, if turned off, could result in no internet access. Disable Airplane mode if it's on.

Freya009 is offline New Member

If nothing else seems to work, there is no need to resort to reinstalling Windows on your computer (that should be your last resort) as there is an extremely good chance that you will be able to fix this issue by resetting your Microsoft account’s password using another computer and then signing in to the computer affected by this problem with your new password, like most of the other users who have been in the same situation you are in right now. If you want to use this solution to fix this issue, you need to:

Go here on a different computer, a computer you can successfully sign in to and use.

Select I forgot my password and click on Next.

Type the email address or phone number associated with your Microsoft account into the Email or phone field on the next page, type in the Captcha underneath it and click on Next.

Select the medium through which you would like to get the security code that you can use to reset your Microsoft account’s password (this can be anything from an email to your account’s recovery email address to a text/call to the phone number associated with your account), verify the medium if yours (if necessary), and click on Send code.

Enter the password reset code you receive into the Code field on the next screen, and then click on Next.

Type your new password into both fields on the next screen (the password must be different from all the passwords you have used for the Microsoft account in the past) and click on Next.

The next screen will inform you that the password for your Microsoft account has been changed. Once you see this screen, close the browser and move back to the computer that is affected by this issue.

Boot up the affected computer.